We are a diverse, conservation-focused organization with a variety of opportunities to volunteer.
Current volunteers, click here for quick links.
|Volunteer Calendar||Longer-Term Roles||Program Volunteers|
To see upcoming volunteer opportunities check out our calendar here. These include Saturday morning restoration workdays, field surveys, and tabling opportunities at fun local festivals and events.
If you're interested in taking on a project with a flexible schedule from start to finish, or if you'd like to fill an on-going vacancy, check out our current position openings here.
If you simply love Tucson Audubon Society, or one of our programs specifically, consider being a program support volunteer. Learn all about a program and its activities, and support its inner-workings! See our programs here.
Ask us about volunteer opportunities for your workplace too!
Check out the new video of our wonderful, devoted Tucson Audubon volunteers doing fun, important work. Join us! Created by Sandy Marin.
- Outdoors: Outdoor tasks include sweeping porches and ramps, trapping and removing packrats, taking trash and recycling to the curb, watering plants and checking irrigation systems, and inspecting the trail system for cholla or other spiny debris that can be raked off the trail.
- Someone experienced with nature photography and slide scanning is needed to sort through a large collection of slides and digitize ones that would be most useful to us.
Restoration Team Member (General)
Support Tucson Audubon's efforts to restore degraded habitats in central and north Tucson. At Simpson Farm, the site north of Marana that we've been restoring for over 10 years, help to plant native grasses. This is a great opportunity to learn about science-based restoration techniques and to see the real impact that these efforts can have, immediate and long term, for biodiversity.
Paton Center for Hummingbirds
Nature Shop Attendant (University Blvd. or Agua Caliente location)
Volunteers for the Tucson Audubon nature shops are truly faces of the organization, and often the primary contact between Tucson Audubon and members/the public. A Nature Shop Attendant rings up customers, restocks materials in the shop, answering questions from visitors, and managing the main phone line for Tucson Audubon. A Shop Attendant is responsible, dependable, has some knowledge of birds in Southeastern Arizona, enjoys working in a shop environment and sharing their love of birds and conservation! Opportunities to further your learning about binoculars and birding.
Important Bird Area: Surveyors and More
Monthly Volunteer Highlight
Check here for featured volunteer opportunities of the month!
May: Monarchs Galore!
Calendar of Events back to top
Tucson Audubon Programs back to top
Check out Tucson Audubon's annual activities to see if you are interested in contributing as a program volunteer.
- Nature Shops – Cash register sales, product display, web sales
- Birding field trips – Trip leader, children’s birding programs
Educationactivities – Field naturalists, program organization, office support
- Habitat restoration – on-site field work, research planning
- Arizona Important Bird Areas conservation – Bird surveys, site stewardship, data entry
- Membership and development – Fund raising, grant writing, mail and office support, events planning
Current Volunteer Quick Links: