The Tucson Audubon Society Library is located at 300 E. University Blvd, #120, Tucson, AZ 85705 (southeast corner of University Blvd and 5th Avenue.)
Library Hours: Monday through Saturday, 10:00am to 4:00 pm.
For any questions regarding the library catalog, call the Nature Shop at (520) 629-0510.
To check out a book you can do any of the following:
- Stop by our library to peruse our selection of over 1200 titles and check out a book on site
- Go to the link above and conduct a specific search to find out if we carry books in the subject you are interested in (search by Title, Author, Keyword, Subject, ISBN, Publisher, or Call Number)
- Call the Nature Shop at the number above to hold a book, and then come to the Shop and Library to complete your checkout
TAS Library Borrowing Policies
- The library is available to all Friends of Tucson Audubon in good standing
- Materials may be borrowed for a period of 3 weeks. If no one is waiting for the material, an additional renewal period of 1 week may be requested.
- Five (5) books can be borrowed by one member at any one time.
- Reference books may not be borrowed; use is restricted to the library.
- Books may be reserved. If the book is available, it will be pulled and held for 1 week.
- Current students may use the library, but are not allowed to borrow materials.
- Materials should be returned on time so that other members may use them.
- Books must be borrowed and picked up from the Tucson Audubon Library location on E. University. Items will not be delivered for pick-up to other locations. This is to ensure that item checkout procedures are followed and items are checked out to Friends Members.
- If a book or other materials are lost or damaged, a serviceable replacement copy or reimbursement to purchase another copy would be very much appreciated. Use of the library is a membership privilege and every member's cooperation helps keep the library available to all.
- Book donations and other library materials are gladly accepted, as long as they are in the subject areas collected by the library. These subject areas broadly include birds and birding, natural history relating to the U.S. and the Southwest U.S., international birding or natural history, childrens books, DVDs, CDs in the same topic areas as above. Please be aware that books or other library items donated may, or may not, end up in the library collection depending on the needs of the collection. Books that do not become part of the collection will be sold in either the Tucson Audubon Nature Shop Used Book Shelf or on Amazon.com to help maintain the library.
- Due to staffing and space requirements, we will not maintain brochure collections from national and/or state parks, or other agencies. We will also not maintain journal, newsletter, magazine or serial collections (other than Tucson Audubon's Vermilion Flycatcher) for the same reasons. We will, however, catalog particular journal issues of special subject interest.
You can find these and over 1200 more titles in our library.